Saints Golf benefits from an extensive Strength & Conditioning programme with players having personalised development plans and three to four supervised sessions each week by accredited trainers. By working together with 3D measurements and detailed physical screening procedures we maximise the benefits of S&C in preparing the golfer as an athlete.
The University’s dedicated Strength and Conditioning Suite opened in December 2016 and provides a private space for performance teams and athletes to train undisturbed away from regular gym users. Featuring five lifting stations, a three-lane plyometric track and designated ‘rehab zone’, the new Performance Suite also offers video analysis technology.
- Performance Suite
- 5 x new combo RACKS
- 5 x Olympic bars and plates
- 4 x Adjustable benches
- 1 x DB Rack 1-10kg DB’s + 12.5-50kg DB’s
- 1 x Glute ham Bench
- 1 x asymmetric Leg press
- 1 x Ercolina rehab
- 4 x Watt Bikes
- A selection of kettle bells on storage rack
- Rehab zone; Swiss balls, wobble boards, floor mats
- A selection of med balls and slam balls, used for both/either, throwing against a ‘throws wall’ & trunk exercises
- 3 lane plyometric track running the length of the room